What do you think of when you hear the word "meditate"? When I was younger that word was used in reference to, what was in my elementary-aged mind, creepy people who didn't know God much less love Him. So of course when I got to college and heard my d-group leader tell us to mediate on God's word daily I thought she was crazy. In fact, all I heard was "meditate blah, blah, blah." I quickly saw in scripture* that we as believers are to meditate on God's word (Joshua 1:8, Psalm 1:2). A friend of mine recently wrote on the subject here.
I have been honored to have friends that also love the Word, delight themselves in it, and help me to commit it to memory. Emily, Katie, Kim, and April I am thankful for your partnership in the gospel in my life! Thank you for letting me do the same with you!
*I did move on from my always taking other people's word for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Shannon,
ReplyDeleteThx for coming to my blog. I did get the Publix applesauce deal yesterday! Love when I can get great deals like that.
I look forward to reading more of your blog.