Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Notes

Never underestimate the power of a note.

I have a stickie on my computer monitor that reads, "1 note a day." I don't actually write 1 note a day but I try. It's a great discipline in being thankful and thoughtful about OTHERS and God's work in and through them.

We had over 50 volunteers ranging from meal providers to greeters to host homes to leaders participate in the Nexus Project 09. That's a lot of thank you notes. That's a lot of time and our hand and brain muscles may have cramped up a few times. We wouldn't have it any other way though.

I got this email today:

Hey Shannon,

You so did not have to send me a thank you note.....but you made my day!

Thank you for being so thoughtful.

Ruth C



I didn't write her a long, super specific letter. I jotted her a note of sincere gratitude for her heart-felt service for our students - she was one of our "on call" medics.

I think her email said it all. Go write a note.

No comments:

Post a Comment